Business coaching for business owners and managers is a powerful way to work on business, not just in it. Gai will help you bring clarity into your thinking and momentum within your business.
Gai Foskett is a Master Certified Coach who has delivered over 4,000 hours of one-on-one coaching internationally with high level executives, business owners, managers and individuals. She is one of only two Master Certified Coaches in New Zealand.
Gai’s business experience and world class coaching qualifications can help you take your business to the next level.
What is business coaching and who is business coaching for?
Business coaching is generally referring to ‘smaller’ business. By that, we mean companies that are not multinational or multi layered, ‘complex’ organisations. It might be a business such as say, a plumber with 1 or 21 staff, a law practice, a manufacturer – all and any types of trades, professions and services. It is important to understand what coaching is and what the difference is between coaching and consulting.
So what is the difference?
Coaching is about having someone running alongside you in your business, helping you create the vision, goals and plans to achieve your goals both for your business and yourself.
The business owners do the thinking, creating and developing. The coach is your sounding board, your mirror to feedback, a detached view. Consulting is about employing someone to come up with the ‘how to’ or ‘what to’ and providing a plan and sometimes related services to implement and achieve that – in other words, the consultant will tell you what to do. The coach will help you explore, reframe, reappraise and decide for yourself what is best for you and your business.
“Business owners and managers find having a coach allows them to stay ‘accountable’ to their great ideas.”
Some of the benefits of using a business coach are:
• A greater work life balance – sometimes challenging for business owners/managers.
• Higher performance at work – for self and staff
• Creating a bigger vision for the business
• Set practical goals to make the vision a reality
• Understand you and your desires – know what is right for you and your business.
• Stay focused and keep on track – a structure that keeps you moving towards your goals.
• Be challenged and creative.
Business Coaching Package
- Free “chemistry check” where we meet to get to know each other a bit, discuss what coaching is and answer all your questions about coaching and working with me. This can be a ‘virtual’ meeting or face to face.
- Fortnightly sessions for 6 months.
- Unlimited access to me by phone or email between sessions.
- Permission to use chosen tools and intellectual property within your business
- Various preparation tools and processes as required.
- Where 3rd party tools are recommended there may a charge to that 3rd party to be paid.
Where extra reporting or meetings are required this may attract further fees. To be agreed.
Your investment $697.00 per month* (*plus 15% gst for NZ based residents)
When does a person work with a coach
A business coach might be employed when a business needs new growth or direction, or is feeling the growing pains of that already.
Often a business owner might experience a patch of low motivation or passion for their own business. This in turn drives the results you get and impacts on your team. A coach can help you re connect with that passion you have for your business. It can also help you discover if you should stay in it as well!
Coaching for business owners and managers is a powerful way to work on your business, not just in it.
Often for business owners there is so much detail to be managed that the ‘working on the business’ time just doesn’t happen. Working with a business coach gives the owner that structure and opportunity to step out of the business and notice what is going on, what impact they are having on those around them, and where they are heading. The coach will help them check in on all the different components of the business, for example:
• How do they look?
• How well are they operating?
• What systems and processes are needed to achieve their goals?
• What do they know already?
It is amazing how many smaller business owners cannot answer basic questions such as measuring and managing where their clients come from, and what their systems are to keep in touch.
Business coaching is a powerful platform to get that bird’s eye view, followed up by accountability and encouragement.
Contact Gai Foskett to see how Gai can help you and your business